At Cépage Wine Importers Limited, we are committed to providing the best experience for our customers. As such, we take our responsibilities in looking after your personal information very seriously. This Privacy Notice explains how Cépage Wine Importers Limited stores and uses your personal information. For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are a data controller and sometimes use third parties to process your data on our behalf.
Personal data we collect:
When you place an order with Cépage Wine Importers Limited you may provide us with:
· Your personal details, including your name, postal and billing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, date of birth and title.
· We may require photographic ID in order to verify your age. This is a legal requirement because of the products we sell. We only use it for this purpose and do not store copies of this information.
· The password you set for your account, which we store in an encrypted format.
· Your payment information including card number and expiry date.
· When you shop with us, browse or interact with our websites and social media platforms or attend one of our events, we may collect:
· Payment information in order to fulfil the orders you make. We are a PCI DSS compliant business so your payment card information is stored securely by us and we do not hold a record of your CVV number.
· Information about your purchases and preferences (for example, what you have bought, the quantities, when and where you bought it and how you paid for it).
· Information about your online browsing behaviour and contributions on our websites, and information about when you click on one of our adverts or promoted content on third party websites, such as Google.
· Information about the devices you are using to access our online services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and any mobile device identifiers).
When you contact us or we contact you - or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about Cépage Wine Importers Limited, we may collect:
· Personal data you provide about yourself anytime you contact us (for example, your name, username, order details and contact details), including by phone, email or post or social media or in person when you attend one of our events.
Details of the mailings, emails and other digital communications we send to you.
· Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires (unless anonymised).
· We may also use personal data from other sources, such as specialist companies that supply information and public registers in order to make sure we are trading legally and that you are getting the best service from us. For example, this other personal data helps us to:
· Ensure you are old enough to be sent marketing material relating to alcoholic products.
· Validate that you are old enough to purchase alcoholic products from us.
· Review and improve the accuracy of the data we hold.
· Improve and measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising.
How we use your personal information:
When you purchase products from Cépage Wine Importers Limited, you will be agreeing to the use of your personal information by us to administer your order. This information will be used to:
· Provide and fulfil your orders, and refunds where necessary.
· Access tasting tickets and any other services you may purchase from us.
· Help to improve and develop our product offerings, services, experience, and the way we communicate with you.
Who we share your information with:
To provide the best service to our customers, we work with carefully selected third parties who are responsible for delivering certain functions on our behalf. These include, for example, companies that help us with technology services, processing payments, mailing services and delivering your orders. We will only share personal data that enables our third parties to provide their services. When we share your personal data with these providers we require them to keep it safe and not keep it for any longer than they need to in order to perform their responsibilities.
Under the terms of the current Data Protection legislation, you can request a copy of the details that we hold and process about you on our internal systems and that is processed by third parties on our behalf. If you would like anything additional to this, you will need to make a request in writing stating the purpose of your request, your name a contact address and phone number to:
Cépage Wine Importers Limited
Birchall Moss Cottage
Bridgemere Lane, Hatherton
We want to make sure that the personal data we hold about you is up to date and accurate. If any of the details are incorrect you are able to update them by letting us know and we will amend them for you. You have the right to complain to the Regulator (Information Commissioner’s Office) if you believe Cépage Wine Importers Limited has not adequately addressed your concerns in a timely and satisfactory manner.